Sunday, November 27, 2011

> occupy your heart....















































































































































my inspiration for today: 
"If you practice an art, be proud of it and make it proud of you 
It may break your heart, but it will fill your heart before it breaks it; 
it will make you a person in your own right."   by Maxwell Anderson

"occupy your heart"
i loved this highlighted title on the cover of common ground magazine!
just the title by itself (not knowing what is the whole article about) made me pause and think! 


in fact I have been doing lots of thinking since thanksgiving!

now that im free.....
now that i can do anyhting i want to..... 
what is it that i want to do...
what is it that i can't live without...
how i can occupy my heart...
how i can make my heart sing...
what song do i choose to sing...
what path i step in to fullfill my heart!


so far......
i come to realize there are many songs that my simple 
heart naively wants to sing and be occupied with!

however for now .......
there are two on top of my dreams that my heart crave:
one is to travel and see more of the world in a raw backpacking 
sort of way and two is making art. 
yes.....
these would be the ways to occupy my heart as far as i know my heart!

i want to practice arts. make arts. and explore making arts more than ever.
i want to see more of the world too. see other lives and be touched by 
other souls around the world. i feel i've been stuck in one place for too long!

sound simple yet need lots of planning, discipline and focusing on my part to 
get where i want to get! i need a promise to myself to not postpone 
anything anymore! i need to start leaving my dreams!

{p.s. photos are more shots of holiday season post with my little flower
arrangements sitting here and there around my place since thanksgiving}

note......for sure playing with flowers is one of my art exploring practices that
i can't live without! simply working with flowers can occupy my heart 
 like no other ones could!

No comments:

Post a Comment